PrepareRI offers grants to help launch new programs that increase students' access to
high-quality career pathways. You can learn more about our specific grant programs below.
This page will be updated as new grant opportunities become available.
Jump to grant applications:
CTE Innovation & Equity Grants
In June 2018, RIDE awarded nearly $1.2 million in CTE Innovation and Equity Grants. The CTE Equity Grants will be used by new and existing career education programs to help expand access for historically underserved students. The eight recipient schools are spread out across the state and will each receive roughly $150,000 in funding over two years, starting in the 2018-2019 school year. This is the first year of the CTE Equity Grant program, and it proved very popular: RIDE received applications from 26 school districts, accounting for $3.1 million in requests for the available funds.
Learn more about the 2018 CTE Equity Grant winners.
For Schools, Districts, and LEAs
CTE Innovation & Equity Grants [CLOSED]
In January 2018, RIDE announced it will allocate $1 million to Career and Technical Education (CTE) Innovation & Equity Grants. This new grant program will ensure historically underserved student populations have expanded access to quality career preparation opportunities in priority industries. RIDE will award grants on a competitive basis to local educational agencies with CTE programs that:
- Expand access to CTE for student populations that are currently underserved (either by launching a new program or expanding and enhancing services in an existing program);
- Align to a priority sector industry (as defined by the Governor’s Workforce Board); and
- Meet the industry-specific content standards adopted by the Career and Technical Education Board of Trustees.
- Purpose: Provide underserved student populations expanded access to high-quality career preparation opportunities in priority industries
- Grant size: up to $150,000 over two years, allocated with $100,000 for implementation and $50,000 for planning or follow-through
- Eligibility: local education agencies (LEAs)
- Deadline: March 30, 2018
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org