PrepareRI offers grants to help launch new programs that increase students' access to
high-quality career pathways. You can learn more about our specific grant programs below.
This page will be updated as new grant opportunities become available.
Grants for Schools, Districts, and LEAs
CTE Innovation & Equity Grants
In January 2018, RIDE announced it will allocate $1 million to Career and Technical Education (CTE) Innovation & Equity Grants. This new grant program will ensure historically underserved student populations have expanded access to quality career preparation opportunities in priority industries. RIDE will award grants on a competitive basis to local educational agencies with CTE programs that:
- Expand access to CTE for student populations that are currently underserved (either by launching a new program or expanding and enhancing services in an existing program);
- Align to a priority sector industry (as defined by the Governor’s Workforce Board); and
- Meet the industry-specific content standards adopted by the Career and Technical Education Board of Trustees.
- Purpose: Provide underserved student populations expanded access to high-quality career preparation opportunities in priority industries
- Grant size: up to $150,000 over two years, allocated with $100,000 for implementation and $50,000 for planning or follow-through
- Eligibility: local education agencies (LEAs)
- Deadline: March 30, 2018
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org